I hate judgemental people. I hate people who choose to voice their opinion with the intent of making me feel bad. I hate people who choose to do something one way and look down on others for choosing a different path. For the most part, I'm referring to breast feeders. By this, I don't mean all breast feeders... I will never justify my choice to formula feed my baby to anyone, but sadly, a lot of breast feeders choose to believe that I might have given up too easily or that most formula feeders have. They believe by breastfeeding, they are offering their child the best there is. Perhaps this is true, but what of the parents who didn't give up easily, who struggled with it, who were emotionally and physically unable to do it any longer? Shouldn't you do what's best for you and the baby? I say this because if someone is emotionally not able to breastfeed, it is pointless to continue to go on. In the end, a happy mom=happy baby. I refuse to believe that my child will be anything short of competent, smart, healthy, tall, skinny or whatever, because I chose to formula feed. I am so tired of hearing about breastfeeding... I am tired of stupid and useless statistics that claim breastfed children will be smarter or healthier in life. Somehow there are millions of us who were bottle fed and it was probably something other than formula at the time... funny enough, we're smart, we're competent, we're healthy... hmmm?? This is a debate that has long been beaten to death and it is pointless and futile to even go on. But why do 'they' feel the need to be so superior to those who don't? The bottom line is this: who the hell cares where/how my baby gets her milk? As long as she's getting some, as long as she's healthy and well cared for, there really shouldn't be an issue.
1 comment:
Excellent points and I keep telling everyone I know who decide to bottle feed what you have taught me! In fact, I even used happy mom=happy baby :).
Post a Comment