Saturday, January 2, 2010

2009- the year in review....






Carys- December 2009
Carys- January 2009

Let's see... the year started with the Dempseys as a family of 3 and ends as a family of 4. The year was definitely a jam-packed, exciting and crazy year. Let me try to recount its events:

January- We visit Jennifer, John and Rowan in Ottawa (and I drive back *alone* with Carys); Carys learns to crawl at the ripe age of 11 months; I, somehow, got pregnant (how the heck did that happen?)

February- I took a pregnancy test on the night of the Oscars and much to our surprise, saw a big fat plus sign.-- One year prior, I went into labour with Carys on that same night; we made the daunting task of choosing a daycare provider, on kijiji no less, for our sweet Carys after our original provider bailed on us in the final hour; sweet little Carys turned 1.

March- My maternity leave ends and I head back to work teaching Sr. Kindergarten- Yikes!; Carys starts daycare and after about 3 weeks of tears, she learned to love her second *weekday* home.

April- This must have been a pretty boring month because my calendar doesn't tell me we did anything interesting. Note to self: make April 2010 a much better month.

May- Carys' baptism is scheduled, but gets cancelled because.... Carys gets the chicken pox 2 weeks before getting the vaccination; Carys starts walking unassisted at 15 months-- a late bloomer, some might say; I celebrate the big 35... SIGH! Nicole and Darren celebrate 5 years together!

June- We have an ultrasound and find out we're having another GIRL! YAY for girls! ;School's out for Summer and we drive to Chicago for an awesome vacation- Carys is sick (of course! what would a vacation be without illness??)- but we enjoy every part of our vacation, nonetheless. Note to self: take an airplane the next time.

July- Carys gets baptised... a little late, but that's ok.

August- We head to a lovely resort in Gravenhurst and have a very relaxing vacation for 3 days; Darren and I celebrate 4 years of marriage.

September- Back to school- and getting bigger by the minute. October couldn't come soon enough.

October- I pray everyday that Paisley comes early, but of course, it doesn't happen. My babies like to arrive on their due date; we take Carys to the pumpkin patch; Beautiful Paisley Autumn is born! This is where life takes a drastic, hectic, crazy change. Carys celebrates Hallowe'en, but doesn't show much interst in wearing her costume- maybe next year.

November- I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT WENT ON DURING THIS MONTH. MY BRAIN IS MUSH and any recollection I have, is simply a blur. Oh, but wait... I do remember getting Mastitis, but I'd like to forget that pain for ever and ever...

December- I don't remember much from this month, neither, other than more crying than I'd like to admit (both Paisley and myself). I do remember Christmas and spoiling Carys a little too much, but that's o.k.- She had a great time!

Here's to a happy and exciting 2010!

No comments: