Thursday, February 4, 2010

The domesticated child

Well, we try. But, sometimes, 2 year olds can't be molded into exactly what you want. At her insistence, I could not cut the toast in 4 like I usually do. Nor could I remove her boots. She had to absolutely lick all the goodness off the toast instead of taking cute little bites, like she usually does. The stickers on her face... well, her new sticker obsession has us finding stickers everywhere and anywhere. With the big mess you can see in the background (on the kitchen counter), is there any wonder the kid is the way she is? But in all fairness to Carys, she really is pretty domesticated. I think 2 year olds are allowed to slip up every now and then.

P.S. I take full responsibility for her outfit. The mismatched pairing looked fine before I put it on. We weren't leaving the house, anyway- so it was all good.

No comments: