Tuesday, October 21, 2008

orange, warm and fuzzy...


There is something to be said about this time of the year. It's almost something indescribable. I think you have to love this season to know what I'm talking about. Autumn... my all time favourite season. It is sad that it doesn't last longer. I wish the colourful beauty of the trees stayed until the first, real, official snow fall. Autumn... I love the orangeness (this clearly cannot be a word) of it... pumpkins, leaves, mums, scarecrows. I love the smell in the air and the coolness of it all. I love being able to say good-bye to my summer clothes and pull out the cords and sweaters. I love seeing homes decorated with those fall colours: browns, oranges, yellows and reds. I love the look of a pumpkin patch while driving out in the country. This year, Darren and I experienced our first outing to a pumpkin patch thanks to our sweet, little Carys. While she was evidently too young to know what was going on, we wouldn't have had it any other way. Our little love bug seemed to enjoy every minute of her travels in and out of the rows looking for those very special pumpkins that would eventually adorn our front porch. We are far too lucky to have a little being to experience new things with. Our visit to the pumpkin patch will be the first of many outings that we will be so lucky to share with Carys. As fall slowly draws to a close (I base this on the fallen leaves), I am now anticipating Halloween. This will be another obvious first for Carys. Then, I say good-bye to the season I love best. I'll say good-bye to the oranges, the beauty of a country drive and the warmth this season brings to me.

No comments: