Monday, November 3, 2008

trick-or-treat....or beer?

I've always enjoyed Halloween... not so much dressing up, but the whole atmosphere of it all. It's funny how having a baby makes you look forward to holidays and celebrations even more. I know she's only 8 months, but I still wanted her to enjoy every moment of her 1st Halloween and take part in every activity involved on this day. We got her a costume... a pink poodle costume (in honour of my love for poodles, of course), we went to a patch, we carved pumpkins and
Fifi the poodle
went trick-or-treating even though she couldn't enjoy the chocolate yet. That's where I come in. I am a sucker for candy, chocolate and anything considered junk food. It always saddened me that I couldn't collect any more door-to-door treats after high school. It is now a dream come true that I can once again reap the benefits of Halloween! But, there was one thing I learned as a new parent with a trick-or-treater.... not only does your child get treats, but you get beer. Who knew?

So as October leads into November, we now have a new holiday to look forward to: Christmas. This will be another exciting time and a great way to start new family traditions. It is amazing what joy a baby brings to you during these special times of the year.

2 comments:

Two Hands Caricaturist and 1 cut 2 pieces Silhouette Artist said...

Cute photos!

Jennifer Richardson said...

OOO! I want beer. I hope our neighbours are like yours are next year...