
It has been 2 months to the day since my last post. Where have I been? What have I been doing? I'll summarize what has been going on, but for the most part, the need/desire to write just wasn't there. Basically, since January 17th, it's been a whirlwind around here.
Here are the particulars:
Here are the particulars:
- We drove to Ottawa to visit the Richardson/Bejjani family- Carys and I stayed with Matante Jenny and Rowan, while Darren went off to Jackson...again;
- It was so damn cold in Ottawa that we basically stayed indoors- no complaints, I had a great time catching up with Jennifer;
- I made the brave trip back from Ottawa with Carys - she ate 6 packages of Mum-mums during this time and we listened to Diana Krall's version of Jingle Bells on repeat. I also managed to pee while holding Carys in a dingy washroom;
- My good friend Sylvie was hit by a car and has 2 severely damaged legs;
- Darren made another trip back to Jackson;
- I began to mentally prepare for the inevitable return to work;
- We got shafted out of our daycare 1 month before I was to return to work- it was a good thing I called because who knows if I would have been advised;
- We found an amazing daycare provider on Kijiji and we're both happy it worked out this way- I think it was truly a blessing in disguise;
- We started the transition to daycare and it wasn't all that great- she still cries when she gets dropped off;
- Carys got a cold and we both caught it;
- We made one trip to a walk-in clinic to assess said cold;
- We had a 1st pink poodle party for Miss Carys;
- Carys had her 1 year appointment with accompagnying shots.
- I went back to work teaching Kindergarten and hate it;
- I finally got a regular pay cheque;
- Carys got 4 more teeth for a total of 6:
- We introduced Peanut Butter to Carys and it was a huge success;
- We brought Carys back to the doctor's after a month of fighting the cold and just not being herself;
- Carys is prescribed her first medicine: Amoxicillin;
- We are dealing with the worst separation anxiety in the history of mankind- try getting dressed, brushing your teeth, peeing or whatever while holding your hysterical one year old. Fun times.
I guess that about sums it up. Not many positives, but it seems that Spring has sprung and we are looking forward to a brighter next few months.

1 comment:
Hey there from San Francisco ... wow, a lot has happened in a couple of months. That's horrible to hear that your friend got hit by a car. Chris' bosses' kid got hit as well and thankfully only got a very deep gash wound on his shin. The crappy part was that the driver yelled at the kids (she hit) and then drove away! As for the separation ... it'll change as Carys gets used to a new routine. But it is heartbreakings, isn't it? I'm sure we all knew that being a parent involved sacrifice but who knew it would be so deep and vast?
Post a Comment