
It is awesome living vicariously through the life of your 14 month old daughter. You get to experience new things and learn how to do something from scratch. It had occured to me that Carys didn't know how to smell a flower. She knew how to eat, pluck and destroy a flower, but smelling one wasn't part of the deal. It's easy to say "smell the flower", but she had no clue what that meant or what she had to do. I spent a good 10 minutes making "sniffing" sounds with my nose so that she'd copy me. Eventually it worked and suddenly I had created a flower-smelling monster. The sniffing didn't end- she wanted to smell all the flowers and now, whenever she sees flowers, she sniffs and wants to go smelling. It is adorable and innocent. I can't wait to see what other "simple" things we will teach her.

No comments:
Post a Comment