
Yes, I'm talking about the Chicken Pox. It was inevitable. Carys finally caught them after being exposed to other children on numerous occasions. Everyone always said "you're better off if she gets them now", but I still didn't want to willingly put her through that. If I could have avoided it, I would have and we certainly tried, but there was no escaping that nasty, contagious virus that literally has no remorse and takes over the body utterly and completely. She was even due to get the vaccine in two weeks. Now that the worse is over, I can say that I'm happy she got them and that they're over with. She got a good dose, but it was controllable. Our little pumpkin did really well; she didn't itch much nor did she fuss very much. She pretty much went on completely unaffected. The best thing is that she'll never remember getting them. The second best thing is that grand-maman came to babysit her for three whole days!

No comments:
Post a Comment