Carys took a liking to Mickey Mouse a while back. It is one of the few cartoons she's actually interested in. As far as T.V. is concerned, she can take it or leave it. On a quest to find a stuffed Mickey doll, we quickly realized that it was close to impossible to find any Disney product unless you go to a Disney store. Darren stumbled upon a mini Minnie Mouse doll at Zellers, one day, and bought it immediately. It was love at first sight. Carys loved her Minnie. Then, one sad day, we went shopping in the U.S. and decided to bring Minnie along. We tucked her away in the bottom of the stroller so that we wouldn't lose her. Twenty minutes into our shopping excursion, I notice that Minnie is gone. My heart sank. I think Darren and I were more devasted than Carys. Well, actually, we were because she didn't know Minnie was missing. We retraced our steps, searched on floors, under clothing racks and asked store employees. Still no Minnie. We, regretfully, left that day with our heads hung low knowing that Minnie would be missing forever. The following day, I set out to Zellers with high hopes of finding another Minnie, but to no avail. I, then, checked another Zellers, but only found Mickey Mouse. Once Carys laid eyes on him, he was hers to keep (even though she has a giant sized Mickey at home). So, if you ever happen to stumble upon an adorable stuffed Minnie Mouse (wearing pink and costing $7.99), please keep us in mind! - here is a picture of Carys and Minnie in happier times.
Five, and Just a Few Loose Teeth
13 years ago

2 comments:
Oh, the poor boo-boo. I'll certainly keep an eye out ... at least she's happy with the replacement.
I love this story
Post a Comment