Saturday, January 8, 2011

Mickey's Rockin' road show

I totally missed it. That's what it means to be a teacher: you miss out on a ton of things involving your kids. Darren took Carys to her first, ever, live show at Kitchener's Centre in the Square. It was on Friday, at 3 pm. She had no clue what she was in for. She knew she was going to see Mickey Mouse and his friends, but that was about it. She knew it was a special outing with just her and papa. She knew that maman and Paisley weren't coming. It truly was a special day for her. Papa picked her up early from her babysitter's and off they went. Darren texted me periodically to give me an update. One of his text messages said this: "She's yelling Mickey at the top of her lungs!". It gave me a total visual- just like being there myself. I felt so happy for her that she was enjoying herself so much. And, it even brought tears to my eyes.
After the show, I picked up Paisley and we all met up at Moose Winooski's for an awesome family dinner.

No comments: