Saturday, November 27, 2010

Christmas in the park

We got an invitation from Mattamy Homes (our builder) to join them for their official tree lighting celebration in the park. It was last night at 7 pm and even though it was freezing cold outside and bed time, we ventured out, nonetheless. We bundled the girls well, put them in the jogging stroller and made our way there. When I say it was cold, it was cold. The wind was killer and I thought my nose might fall off. Carys and Paisley didn't complain because they were buried under layers of blankets and quilts.

When we got there, the cold was all worth it. I'd never seen such a thing. There were tents set up with treats and drinks- the best treats and drinks I've ever had. Another tent had Santa and Mrs. Claus- and while Paisley bawled her eyes out when we sat her on Santa's lap, she did far better than Carys because she didn't want anything to do with the man in red. She loves the guy from afar, but close up is a different story.

--
This Santa was the real deal.
---
Mattamy went all out with their spread: homemade Christmas baking, hot chocolate, apple cider, egg nog
--
Sugar cookies: oh, so good.
We're very appreciative for our new neighbourhood and community.

1 comment:

Claudia and Luke said...

you went eh? we went last year.......it was cold that night too