How many 2 year olds do you know that can do this?
Darren started some guitar lessons on Tuesday nights. This means that I have to put both girls to bed which, if you've ever had to do this, you know it's a lot of work. Since Carys still requires us to stay with her while she falls asleep, she has to wait with me while I put Paisley to sleep. So, while I give Paisley her bottle, Carys sits quietly beside me and reads a book in the quasi-darkness. When I say quiet, I mean it. She doesn't say a word for the whole time that I rock Paisley- and this can be anywhere from 10-20 minutes. It's really unreal. She whispers the lowest whisper possible and she tip-toes around to get herself another book. When she looks at me we, simultaneously, remind each other, that we have to stay quiet by saying "shhhhhhh". I am amazed, everytime, this happens because I just don't know how the heck a 2 year old can manage to stay so quiet.
Five, and Just a Few Loose Teeth
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment