Sunday, December 12, 2010

The art of gingerbread house making

I never knew those things were so hard to do. Luckily, I bought one already assembled so all that was required was decorating the house with icing and candies. That, in itself, was challenging enough. First off, the directions telling you to add a mere 2 tablespoons of water to the icing mix were way off. I had to add at least 1/4 cup of water to get the "toothpaste" consistency suggested. Forget about trying to copy the beautiful gingerbread house on the box. That wasn't happening. Carys was pleased with the whole thing, nonetheless, and the final product was just perfect for her.

---
And... so we begin....

---
Before

---
Carys was totally mesmerised by the whole icing procedure-this was her first gingerbread house experience, afterall.

---
The decorating begins....

---
But wait, this icing is pretty good.

----
Almost done.

----

Ta-da....

----

View from the side

---

View from the other side.

No comments: