Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

Nothing ever goes as planned- at least around here, it doesn't. Christmas Eve was supposed to be a fun, family day. I love Christmas Eve. It's my favourite time of the Christmas season. But I knew, this year, it was going to be different when Carys started throwing up, the night before, at dinner time and continued to do so well into the night. She woke up lethargic and sad. We spent the whole day (literally) cuddled on the couch, which I didn't mind at all. She had some water and a few dry Cheerios but that was it for the day.

--
She curled up on the chair, with her Care bear....
--
...and admired the tree...
--
The rest of the time was spent like this:

--
and like this:

--
We didn't even get a chance to bake some fresh cookies for Père Noël. Instead, we had to leave him some cookies that I had already made. She was well enough to write him a short note and to throw a hand full of carrots on the porch and on our back deck for the reindeer.
--
It was an early night for our kiddies- off to bed at 6:30 pm!
---
P.S. If you're wondering where Paisley was on this fine Christmas Eve, well we tried to keep her far, far away from her sick sister- so she stayed close to her papa and went out shopping.
---
And, well, as with our Christmas Eve tradition, Darren and I enjoyed a great steak dinner, even though we were stuffed and not "totally into it". We soon found out why! We, then, continued wrapping presents and Darren built Carys' beautiful doll house.
--
All the stockings were hung by the chimney with care. That's mine to the left. It's empty.
--
And, Santa came!

1 comment:

Phat Girl said...

i'm totally going to make whipped shortbread now.