It's hard to believe our life with Jenny may soon come to an end. She's been part of my life for 11.5 years. It's been a battle for the past month or so. Her health has deteriorated and her zest and fervor for life have dwindled. We're hoping it's a rough patch and that, maybe, she's still recovering from her dental surgery. I/we try to remain optimistic, but the pessimist in me takes over. ------- Last night was a crazy reminder of our final night with our sweet Lucy 4 years ago. Jenny had a seizure. I held her and hugged her and kissed her and told her I was sorry. I waited for her final breath, but she kept fighting through it. We rushed her to the emergency vet clinic (while our very kind neighbours dashed over to stay with our sleeping babies) thinking of the impending
euthanization. Her breathing was laboured, her body was limp. I held her while she lay in her bed. It was a long 5 minute drive, thinking of the past 11 years with my furry baby. At the clinic, her breathing improved and she showed good colour. There was hope. We discussed her condition and options and, we chose to take her home and take it day by day. ------ Today was a better day. She walked around, ate some food and even perked up when we asked if she wanted a treat. We still remain hopeful that she'll be with us for a little while longer. ------- This photo was taken today.
1 comment:
we had our "odie dog" for 15 years too. He also had seizers at the end........not fun to watch. Luke and I both bawled our eyes out when we finally made the decision to put odie down.
Today he is in an urn in our livingroom, and my plate on my car reminds me daily of our best friend...our blessed black lab.
Post a Comment