Saturday, April 16, 2011

Today

Today is Darren's birthday. Today, Jenny had her 2nd seizure in 3 days. That's not good. Today I feel like I have the weight of the world resting upon my shoulders. Today, the mood in the house is melancholic while we silently make a decision. Today, I don't want to have to make that decision even though it's one we have to make. Today we discussed cremation versus burial. Not fun. Today, I realized that Jenny is infested with fleas. Today I said, "what the f*** else could possibly go wrong with that poor dog". Today, the weather outside matches the way I feel: grey and dreary and gross. Today I dropped my cell phone in the toilet (don't ask) and now it's ruined. Today I drove all the way to Pet Smart to buy some flea shampoo and, when I got there, realised my wallet was at home. Today, Carys and I made strawberry shortcake for her papa's birthday. That made up for this downer-of-a-day. Later we will dye some Easter eggs and sing Happy Birthday to brighten up this day. Now tomorrow, maybe, that will be a better day.

 --- Jenny, up and about in Sarnia

No comments: