I wanted Carys to love Kitty. I always thought she was the cutest thing ever. She wasn't around when I was a kid, but in my 20s, I secretely wished to be young again so I could own everything Kitty possible. I introduced Kitty and Carys back in 2008, when I bought Carys a Kitty Christmas book. Then she somehow she came into possession of a mini Hello Kitty stuffed toy from a McDonald's Happy meal. Then, last Christmas even after Carys had long had a pile of gifts for her hidden in the basement, I saw a Hello Kitty stuffed animal that I just had to get. It was a hefty $40 on sale for $20, so how could I possibly resist? Or how could I resist anything Kitty-related? That stuff is just so friggin cute.
This past weekend, I found awesome Hello Kitty loot in the dollar aisle at Target: a necklace, socks, stickers, hair elastics, writing pads- and all for a dollar each. I intentionally donned her in her Kitty t-shirt (bought for a steal at Old Navy) and decked her out with her new "surprises". She loves surprises and I think she was pretty pleased.

No comments:
Post a Comment