
"All done for the day."

I actually love gardening myself. I can't say I have the best green thumb, but I can, usually, keep stuff alive. It's always a safe bet going for Pansies, because they're pretty resilient up until September. As long as you water everything properly and consistently, you're good.
I actually love gardening myself. I can't say I have the best green thumb, but I can, usually, keep stuff alive. It's always a safe bet going for Pansies, because they're pretty resilient up until September. As long as you water everything properly and consistently, you're good.
I saw an article in Canadian Family magazine last year about teaching your toddler about gardening. I knew this was something I wanted to do. They suggested starting off with pots of vegetables and herbs and flowers- simple things that grow easily. It teaches them the importance of caring for something and they can watch them grow. I've always enjoyed planting flowers and vegetables, but I couldn't wait for this Spring/Summer when Carys could experience it too. She sort of understands the concept and she knows what's growing, but for now, she's more interested in watering. She's also very excited about the tomatoes and would like to pick them even if they're only green right now.
We also have several pots of flowers. Next year we can hopefully expand or even plant a real garden in the yard.



1 comment:
Oh, I'm so jealous that you have so many plants. Did you start the veg from seeds or did you buy them as plants? I want to do this next year ...
Post a Comment