"Mom, we're going to Sarnia", "we're going to see grand-maman and grand-papa and Jenny", "mom, what's that", "mom, there's a truck", "mom, I want that", "mom, sing the alphabet", "noooooooooooooooooooooooo", "I WANT THAT", "mom we're going to Sarnia", "mom, what was that", "mom, what's that man doing", "papa, look", "papa, look", "Mommmmy", "we're going to Sarnia", "I want maman, I want maman, I want maman...............", "I want my soother", "fix the blanket", "shhhhhhh- Paisley's sleeping", "what's that, mom?", "I want more", "I want the other water".....
Repeat each of those sentences about 600 times each and you have the precise chatter of what went on. She wriggled and wormed and got annoyed, aside from the time where she ate 3 consecutive packages of baby Mum-mums and 3 fruits-t0-go. When those ran out, I got scared. I reluctantly brought along her soother in hopes that it might shut her up- oops, i mean calm her down, but it was all in vain. She told me she didn't need her soother because she was a big girl.
But, once we got to Sarnia, it was all good. Carys was happy to see Grand-maman and Jenny (Grand-papa was still working). Darren and I basically dropped off the girls and high tailed it out of there to do some shopping at Target across the border. Despite being detained at the border both ways (we were randomly chosen on the way there and on the way back, Darren insisted on getting 2 cases of beer which required us to pay taxes), no less, it was a nice, peaceful 3 + hours without our little girls. Target is the best.
Paisley learns to stand on the couch while in Sarnia.
This was the first time we'd been back to Sarnia since Thanksgiving (so 7 months). And even though we were only going for a mere night, our car was packed as though we would be staying a week. Sadly, we didn't have a chance to visit Canatara park. The weather didn't cooperate. Maybe next time.
Time to say good-bye!
The ride back home still had me asking: "are we there, yet?". I suspect this is the way car trips will be for the next little while.

No comments:
Post a Comment