Saturday, June 12, 2010

Who does she look like?

It's funny. We spend a lot of time trying to figure out who, exactly, babies look like. It's usually one of the first things out of people's mouths. Carys and Paisley look nothing a like apart from, maybe, their nose, and maybe their eye shape and mouth. I've been told that Paisley looks like me and at the same time, I've been told she looks nothing like me. People have also said she looks like Darren, both her Grand-mamans, my brother, my sister, Darren's brother and Carys. It really is funny when people try to search really hard for some ressemblance to someone.

I wonder why we do it? It's not like we ever, ever do that in adult-hood. It's done to some extent and you may hear the comment at some point: "hey, you really look like your mom". But, really, apart from that, people do not spend any time analysing your facial feature in an attempt to find your genetic match.

Nonetheless, here are a couple of photos of Carys and Paisley where I can see some ressemblances. I searched hard for these. Maybe as they get older, they'll start looking more and more a like. Or not.

Photo #1- similarities

Paisley


Carys



Photo #2- similarities

Carys

Paisley

And, here, Paisley reminds me so much of my mom. I don't know what it is- maybe her hearty laugh- but I like it.

No comments: