It's not that we really said "never", but we said that we wouldn't buy a DVD player for the car because it just didn't seem necessary. A while back when we said that, Carys wasn't watching much T.V. In fact, she still doesn't watch much at all, but she sure does love Barney. It all happened one day when I decided to switch it up a bit and introduce her to someone new- so, Barney it was. Ever since then, she's been hooked. Actually, I'm kinda hooked too. I really don't mind him. The show is very educational, teaches great manners, there's constant singing and the whole show just beams positivity. There ain't a mean bone in Barney's little body. So when does Carys get to watch him? First thing in the morning when she comes into my room and says "Maman, je veux Barney"- I, in a semi-comatose state, happily oblige because it buys me a few more minutes of sleep. Ok, it buys me about 30 minutes to an hour. After a night of a measley 4 hours sleep, I'll take my kid watching Barney any day.
This past weekend, we were heading to Grand-maman's which is a 2 hour drive. The thought of driving without entertainment scared me, so we bought a portable DVD player. It was/is heaven sent. There's nothing like Barney to keep a kid entertained for a 2 hour drive or even a 4 minute drive to the babysitter's.


No comments:
Post a Comment