Today was one of those days: a lot of whining, sporadic wailing and all around annoyed babies- all. day. long! So what do I do? I attempt an outing to Wal-Mart and the whole time I was there, I thought: "what the f*** was I thinking?"-- Carys cried because she wanted to go in the cart but didn't want to be in the cart with Paisley. Paisley cried because she needed a nap and I almost cried too. We, somehow, survived Wal-Mart partially because Carys spotted the Mickey Mouse ride on the way out so that cheered her up. So, I get them in the car and I noticed the new Gap factory store. So what do I do? I park the car again and you can probably imagine what happened next. Can you say STUPID? It's 3:45 pm and both kids haven't napped yet (that's a whole other story) and I, stupidly, decided to attempt a new store opening with one single stroller, a whole whack load of people looking for a deal and 2 crying kids. I'm still shaking my head at that. I managed to find a few steals but the line-up to pay was outrageous, Paisley was squirming in my arms and Carys was still crying, even though she got to sit in the stroller. I dropped all the clothes that I had picked out and sped out of the store and probably peeled out of the parking lot. I wasn't on the road 2 minutes when both babes fell asleep. I didn't care that it was 4 pm and their bedtimes would probably be affected. I had silence- for the first time that day.
--
They might cry and whine, but they sure are cute and sweet when they're sleeping.
No comments:
Post a Comment