Saturday, October 16, 2010

Sleep update

Paisley is almost a year old and.... she still sleeps as poorly as a newborn. Ok, it might not be that bad. There have been some slight improvements but she's only made it through the night once (11-5 a.m). I think Paisley was probably the worst newborn baby sleeper ever. She still gets up several times a night, giving us only 4-5 hours sleep on a good night. Since going back to work, Darren and I alternate nights. It's a good system but we're still just as exhausted the day after our night off.
--
This is what we look like at work:
--
We've tried it all with Paisley. People offer us advice all the time- the same advice we offered people when Carys slept through the night at 6 weeks- but nothing works. Nothing. I can only have faith that, in time, her sleep habits will improve and that we'll all be sleeping soundly soon. At this point, I'll take a good, solid 5-6 hours sleep. That's all.

No comments: