Shortly after Darren and I were married, people asked us when we were going to have a baby. When we finally had Carys, people asked us when we'd have a second. When Paisley came along, people kept asking us- or rather tell us- that we were surely going to try for a boy. Man, people really invest themselves in your personal reproductive business. I've had people tell me that it wouldn't be right for Darren not to have a boy or that we "needed" a boy. Or that 2 kids wasn't enough. I don't understand how this is anyone's business but, for the record, we're quite happy with our 2 little girls, we don't want another baby (not now, not ever and not even after Paisley is 2) and we don't even want a boy for that matter. Our little family is complete. Quite complete. Darren loves his little girls, doesn't need a little boy to complete his family or to make him happy. It would be nice if I could send a permanent message out to the world reminding people of our intentions.
---
It sure looks like Darren wishes he had a boy, doesn't it?
---
And, see these 2 kids? This is all we need to make us happy.

No comments:
Post a Comment