Friday, July 23, 2010

Morning chaos

Mornings around here are crazy. Especially first thing. I have to: change both girls' diapers, bring them downstairs, carry Jenny downstairs too (she's scared of the hardwood stairs), let both dogs outside (without a fence, this is a pain), feed both dogs, give Paisley a bottle while Carys begs for something to eat and make myself a coffee so I can function properly after the 3 hour sleep I got. And, so, I had to find some shortcut(s) to help me out. Some mornings, I can forego giving Paisley her bottle and go straight to giving her cereal. This helps, because I can plop her in her highchair with some Cheerios while I do everything else. On days where she needs her bottle, I decided to try this:


--
The funniest thing was that she got milk all over her face- Carys ran to tell me.

--
She thought it was pretty funny. You could hear her giggle the whole time.


--
She loves to hold on to her blanket.
--
It worked the first time I tried it. I set her on the floor, gave her the bottle and away she went. This surprised me because Carys never, ever held her own bottle- even at 19 months. I was relieved that she fed herself the whole bottle on 2 occasions. I'm sure this will work in her favour when she starts daycare in September.
And while it saddens me that I'll soon be returning to work, I'm happy knowing that I'll have Darren to help out in the mornings and maybe it will be a little less chaotic. Or maybe not.

1 comment:

AC/EC said...

Huh? Where is Darren in the mornings?!