Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Outdoor living

When we finally got a deck, last year, at our old house, we kicked ourselves for not getting one sooner. It made such a huge difference and made our backyard much more inviting. We spent so much time on that deck- it was like an extra room added to our house. When we bought the new house, we vowed to get a deck within a month and that's what we did. Our deck was completed on Sunday the 10th, meaning it had even been less than 2 weeks since we'd been in our house. It's amazing and big and just what we wanted. Darren got the gazebo up last night and it looks complete.
--
We don't have a huge porch, so we brought the Bistro set out to the deck. Carys and I are totally going to town on this pint of raspberries. We ate them all.
--
Paisley loves the deck too- and loves blueberries.

--
The deck is 16 x 24 feet, so there's plenty of room to run around and play.


--
And the deck is perfect for displaying the pots of vegetables I started growing at our old house. I think they're quite prosperous.



--
I picked these and put them in my pasta.

--
This deck is the perfect place to eat some ice-cream when it's 30 degrees. Now, if only she can learn to lick and lick, really fast so it doesn't melt all over the place and scare her. Yes, Carys got scared when the ice-cream melted and dripped all over her hand.



Carys insists on saying "cheers" whenever we're eating anything that's the same.
--
Oh, it's going to be a great Summer!

1 comment:

AC/EC said...

Agreed, Nicole. your veggies look sooo good that I'm totally trying that next year. I do have to ask, how do you keep the birds/animals away from your tomatoes and raspberries?