Paisley definitely has 2nd child syndrome- whereby she does not get the same protective, living in a bubble-like treatment as Carys did. The first child is shielded and you want to follow everything by the book. We just recently allowed Carys to have her first piece of chocolate but Paisley, on the other hand? Bah, we threw caution to the wind and we let her have a taste early on. Why not? Is it really going to hurt her? And, besides, how fair is it that all 3 of us sat there and ate ice-cream sandwiches while poor little Paisley looked at us and drooled?

--
And we created a monster because this is what happened when we took it away.

And funny enough, Carys still hadn't had a Mr. Freeze until the neighbour, Tony, gave her one the other day along with 3 Oreo cookies and a cup of juice. I could have said "noooooooo", but instead I laughed. I may never give her those things, but I don't mind if she gets it occasionally from kind neighbours. He wanted to give a Mr. Freeze to Paisley too, but I draw the line there. She might be the 2nd kid, but she can wait for that.
No comments:
Post a Comment