Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Raspberries

Raspberries are my favourite fruit and everyone around here devours them like there's no tomorrow (as you've seen in previous posts). Those little pints that you buy at the grocery store never stand much of a chance around here. Once they're open, they last about 5 minutes before they're all eaten up. I even dug up the branch I had at Mahogany st. because that thing sprouted at least 25 raspberries. I can't wait to have a whole bush of them. My grandma used to have bushes and bushes of raspberries. Maybe that's why I love them so much.

And while Paisley loves blueberries, raspberries are a different story:

And, here, I try again thinking she just "might" like them the second time around- but she showed me and swatted my hand away.
--
Hopefully her taste buds change soon because it's time to go picking raspberries again. Here's Carys, at the raspberry field, last year:



No comments: