Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The great outdoors

This kid loves being outside. She'd go out at 7 am if she could- the moment she wakes up. I usually have to break it to her lightly that it's still pretty cold to go out. She'll go out in her pyjamas or naked or whatever and however. We are ever so thankful for our new deck so she can easily pop outside with or without shoes. We just need to ensure that all those special dog surprises are picked up in the yard- not an easy feat trying to keep up with that.

We're so happy that Carys enjoys being outside. It doesn't even matter what she's doing, as long as she can be there. I love this about her. I also love that anything is more important to her than watching TV. I am not anti-television because, god knows, I watch my fair share, but I'd much prefer it if she chose to be outside playing versus staying inside. I might be slightly anti-video game but I, somehow, doubt that will be a problem around here. As she gets older, I can only imagine what kind of fun she'll have: swimming, playing soccer, exploring, hiking, fishing, camping. She is extremely lucky that her papa also loves the outdoors and he also loves to spend as much time with her as he can out there. We're seriously contemplating buying a camper so we can spend lots of time camping in the Summer. What better way to enjoy the outdoors!

Here are some random shots of my girl enjoying the great outdoors!

Running around aimlessly in the backyard. Good fun.


Chillin' with her BFF.


An awesome present from the Easter bunny.


Playing with sidewalk chalk- wish I had that as a kid.

Upon seeing papa drive into the driveway. So happy.

Almost always seen with a rock in hand, here, she is admiring a plane flying by.


And it doesn't matter that's it's a mere 5 degrees outside- that's where she wants to be. And, here, she forces her paps to stay outside with her while maman stays cozy warm inside with Paisley.


Fun times in the dirt. Sand box is required. We have it on our "to do" list.
Bare feet and hoping there aren't any dog surprises- although, she doesn't seem to care!


I love this kid, but that really goes without saying.


See, it doesn't matter what she's doing outside: weeding with her paps or picking up those dogs surprises- it's all good to her.


La bicyclette- a treasure found hidden in the basement.


Loving her back yard. And those rubber boots: best invention ever. I can't believe I even hesitated about buying them.

No comments: