Pureed chicken: not the most appealing or appetizing. If you've ever made your own baby food, this is one of the most unpleasant foods. It's pasty and pretty gross. I love making my own baby food. I'm not opposed to jarred food, but there's something scary and mysterious about meat in a jar. So, I mixed it in with some sweet potato (also homemade) and added a bit of water. I hoped she wouldn't noticed the tiny chunks of pureed chicken- I couldn't get it thinned out enough. Up until now, she hasn't batted an eye at anything, including: peas, green beans, apples, carrots, pears, bananas, avocado or butternut squash.
She made several faces- almost like I had just fed her dirt, but she conquered and ate away. She didn't fuss, but happily continued to eat mushed up chicken. I spared her the last 3 spoonfuls.
She's still so happy in spite of the nastiness her mom just fed her. Such a good girl.

2 comments:
Ug,I'm with you on the pureed meats.
Chicken is gross and so is ground beef. I've recently realized (don't know if I was this smart with Emily!) that I could add pureed beef to tomato sauce (and any other veggies that you'd like to puree in there) to make a non-vomitus pasta sauce. Add some alphabet pasta and it looks like a real grown-up meal! I'm at a loss with pureed chicken though ...
I absolutely love this photo. I agree-- mashed up meat is disgusting but the congealed jar stuff is worse. After a few attempts at making meat from steak or chicken breast I discovered it was way way easier to use the ground beef, chicken or turkey and then puree it. It wasn't as gross for some reason.
Post a Comment