An early morning snapshot
And, so, aside from the gift of being a maman to my sweet girls, I think I got the mac daddy of all gifts today. This gift will have to be my mother's day, Christmas, birthday, anniversary, Easter, and Valentine's day gifts for the next 25 years. But, first, I got a beautiful card signed, personally, by Carys and my favourite gigantic chocolate bar -it's 400g of pure Belgian almond decadence. I could eat the whole thing in a day. That was all I needed. It's definitely less about material things and more about quality time to spend with my girls. But then... something unexpected happened. Something a little more material than I could ever have imagined.
Let's rewind a little.
My morning began with a cup of coffee (mmmm, I love weekend coffee) and by feeding Paisley. I, then, coloured with Carys and played with Play-Doh. Then, what would be a Sunday without a trip to the grocery store? So, our little family of 4 headed out for some much needed groceries, then back home. Carys napped and papa took Paisley out for a walk so I could sneek in a nap too. Darren then BBQed some steaks and we had a great dinner. We put the kids to bed, ate some chocolate fudge cake and waited (im)patiently for the *deal* to go through. That's right, we had put in an offer on a gorgeous, wonderful, beautiful dream of a house the day before. At 11 pm, I got the (3rd) best mother's day present ever: a brand new home. By 12:45 a.m that night, all was signed and ready to go. It was a happy mother's day indeed !
My morning began with a cup of coffee (mmmm, I love weekend coffee) and by feeding Paisley. I, then, coloured with Carys and played with Play-Doh. Then, what would be a Sunday without a trip to the grocery store? So, our little family of 4 headed out for some much needed groceries, then back home. Carys napped and papa took Paisley out for a walk so I could sneek in a nap too. Darren then BBQed some steaks and we had a great dinner. We put the kids to bed, ate some chocolate fudge cake and waited (im)patiently for the *deal* to go through. That's right, we had put in an offer on a gorgeous, wonderful, beautiful dream of a house the day before. At 11 pm, I got the (3rd) best mother's day present ever: a brand new home. By 12:45 a.m that night, all was signed and ready to go. It was a happy mother's day indeed !
Maman and little C, who is not so keen on looking at the camera. She did a good job, here.
Maman and her little P. Always such a photogenic little pal.
End of day snapshot.

Oh, happy day!

1 comment:
I miss your mom for you too. But you're right-- mother's day is not a day to be sad given the beauties that you have and the wonderful gift of a new home! Your mom is always with you, maybe she even sent you the house.
Post a Comment