Thursday, May 20, 2010

Staging and living abnormally

Our house is ridiculously clean. I mean ridiculous.


Before


After

I hardly know how it's possible with 2 kids and 2 dogs, but it is. I've become obsessed with keeping the house clean and it almost borders maniacal. I do love it like this. I love that it's so clean and tidy and orderly and magazine-like. But, it's so not practical or normal. Carys' toys are nowhere to be seen. The poor kid has resorted to playing with rocks, bathroom creams, spice bottles and some of Paisley toys kept on her Exersaucer. She has a little wagon of blocks hidden under the ottoman, but that's about it. She doesn't seem to mind, though, and very rarely asks where on earth all of her toys went.
Here she is playing with a jar of Vicks Vapo-rub. Nice.
Every time a mess is made or something gets moved out of place, my anxiety levels shoot up. It's really not a fun way to live. I've shipped Carys off to her babysitter's because it just makes it much easier to keep the house clean. I feel guilty doing it but the guilt subsides when she asks about 5 million times a day to go there. She loves it at Trena's.
These bare countertops have never been so clean and rid of junk.


As much as Darren and I love the look of what seems to be our "new" house, these are not "normal" living circumstances. We're crossing our fingers that it sells quickly so we can mess the house up a bit and return to living normally once again. Although, looking at that first picture, I think we may just keep a few of Carys' toys up here.

No comments: