Friday, May 28, 2010

Thirty-six

I turned 36 on May 18th. It seems very surreal. I can't describe how I feel about it- maybe weird or maybe even indifferent. It's only 4 years away from the "dreaded" big 4-0. Oh. My. God. I'm obsessed with ages and numbers. I think it about it constantly. I don't even feel 36 but then again, how exactly are you supposed to feel at 36? I can't imagine ever feeling old.
--
My mom was 36 whe she had me. Growing up, I always thought that was old. The only part that makes me feel old is thinking about my girls turning 15 or something like that. Whoa, that would mean I'll be 50. I can't do it. I can't think about it. I'd like time to stop right now and stay 36 forever. It's a good age and a good even number. My 30s have been amazing years- the best ever.
--
So back to my birthday. It was a great day even if Carys spent the day at Trena's. It was, afterall, garbage day so it was just as well that she spend the day away from home. And, besides, birthdays aren't *quite* that important to her just yet. Nonetheless, when I woke up, I found this on the kitchen counter:


I love Bath & Body Works. Inside was wonderful foamy hand soaps and one of the most amazing vanilla and coconut room sanitizers which we have been, frantically, spraying everywhere seconds before people arrive for a house showing.

I had a great day hanging out with my little Paisley. When Carys and Papa got home, we had a great dinner and then Darren surprised me with some cupcakes from a girl to whom I had recently sold a bed frame to on kijiji. They were totally scrumptious and I ate 2.5 cupcakes after dinner- 2 of my own and 1/2 of Carys'.



Carys really, really enjoyed the frosting.
--
And the festivities continued on the weekend. Sylvie, who is a co-worker of mine and a very good friend, celebrates her birthday a week before mine so we always make it a point to have dinner and cake. Carys loves 'tante Sylvie and cake too.

No comments: